This blog supports English, French and Russian comments.
Layout made for Chrome/Firefox.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Unoa / minifee hybrids: How they work.

Since I have been asked a couple of times about it, I'll just stick an entry about the matching between a unoa faceplate/headback and a Fairyland minifee body here.

Here we go!


The resin color
Fairyland white skin resin mathes the 1.0 Unoa resin better.
Fairyland normal skin resin mathes the 1.5 Unoa resin better.
Yet the minifee resin would be pinker and a bit darker.
It's not very noticable on pictures, most of the time, unless you're picky about color.
There's the minifee normal skin hand, a unoa 1.5 faceplate that has been blushed and another one that hasn't.



Assembling it all
You would need a headback to stick a unoa faceplate on the top of a minifee body.
You would need to remove the neck part from the minifee active line body if you have one,
and restring it the following way:



The neck size
Minife girl or boy body has a large neck,
it will be a bit too large for the most of unoa or unoa-like headbacks.
I have a hand-made resin headback, and the problem is...



I have tried sanding a bit of the neck and a bit of the headback joint-holder,
after I've taken this pictures, and it helps a little: but it doesn't make it perfect.
You'd need a special minifee-compatible headback if you want a perfect match,
make one and I'll buy it! :D
I've got some silicon joint caps that I haven't yet tried, thay could help as well.

I hope that would be helpful for someone.

6 comments:

  1. wow merci <3 je suis surtout contente de savoir que la grandeur n'est pas parfaite et le truc a propos de la couleur de la resine ^^
    je sais que 1.0 et 1.5 on des différences au niveaux du corps mias est-ce qu'il y en a au niveau de la tête?? est-ce que ca se met de la même facon?

    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les têtes 1 et 1.5 sont semblables normalement il n'y a que la couleur de la résine qui diffère, sauf la "orgasmic" qui a été modifié pour devenir "yawning" (d'après ce que j'ai compris de mes lectures) mais le système d'attache est le même ^^

    En tout cas merci m00 pour ces photos, ça permet de bien se rendre compte qu'en effet la compatibilité n'est pas parfaite (ce sont juste les corps MNF qui le sont *loooveeee ces corps*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah, il n'y a pas de vrai différence au niveau de la tête, c'est la couleur de résine qui est un peu plus claire et jaune pour la 1.0 =)

    Jolene, je suis ravie que ça ait pu être utile^^ C'est vrai que les corps minifee, je ne peux pas m'en passer maintenant <3 Quoi que je peux en dire de même pour les visages d'anges des unoa :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thank you so muhc for your advices about it. I was so surprised when I first saw your boy had a Fairyland body (and as it is one of my favortie sculptures for a little boy) I just have to thank you for sharing every comment about it.

    I'm just waiting for my Unoa faceplate to arrive and I was already planning to try to match with a fairyland MNF active normal body (I have one for my mnf boy, it's really cute x3). And I will try to make the headback for this combination. If I find a nicer solution, this humble person is coming again to ask if it could help you too ^^~

    Thanks again for your post!
    It's very interesting~

    ReplyDelete
  5. K., i'm happy that was helpful ^^ And I'm really curisous about what you would be able to work out for a minifee-compatible headback! Good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon soir,
    Je suis tombé sur votre blog par hard et j'ai adorée !
    Voilà j’ai découvert les BJD il y a peu de temps et je me demandais si il était possible de réalisé des stop motion avec … j’avais également pensée à mon acheter une mais, comment dire, il faudrait que je me mette à réaliser et à vendre des tableaux et dessins en série pour caresser l’espoir d’en obtenir une ^^ … Ceci dit, je me demandais si il était possible que j’en réalise une par moi-même et de quelle manière y parvenir.

    Je vous remercie d’avoir pris le temps de me lire et attend avec hâte une réponse de votre part.
    Peut être à bientôt !

    Marie Sylphide Decker

    ReplyDelete